Note: We recommend a scale to measure out your flour (most accurate). If measuring without a scale, use stackable measuring cups, do not use a liquid measuring cup for dry ingredients.
Yield: (1) 8 ½ x 4 ½ in. loaf pan, 4 mini loaves, or approximately 24 muffins
- 14 ounces Banana Bread mix from Anna (3 cups)
- 2 jumbo eggs
- ⅓ cup oil
- 3 ripe medium bananas pureed in a food processor or blender (approximately 1 cup)
- ⅔ cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 8 ½ x 4 ½ in. loaf pan.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix all wet ingredients until creamy
- Add Banana Bread mix from Anna and stir until well blended, then fold in chopped nuts
- Spoon batter into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour, or until center tests clean with a toothpick or knife. Let cool in pan 1 hour before slicing.
Tips and variations:
- To make muffins, fill standard muffin tin cups ⅔ full and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Makes approximately 24 muffins.
- To make mini loaves, spoon batter into four mini loaf pans and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Let cool 1 hour before removing.
- If avoiding eggs, leave the egg out altogether and bake the mix into muffins. Using an egg replacer will render a gummy texture.
- If using olive oil, a light olive oil is recommended for best results.