- Free from gluten, yeast, corn, dairy, soy, nuts (including peanuts), and rice.
- GMO FREE CERTIFIED™
- Kosher Parve
- Can be made egg free! (see bottom for directions)
YIELD: 5-6 Mini Bundt cakes, One (1) 8 ½ x 4 ½ in. loaf pan, 4 mini loaves, or approximately 24 muffins
- 1 package Breads from Anna Banana Bread Mix
- 2 jumbo eggs
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3 ripe medium bananas pureed in a food processor or blender (approximately 1 cup)
- 2 cups fresh cherries (both sweet and tart work), seeds removed and quartered. If using frozen cherries, defrost 2 cups in a colander, allowing excess juice to drain. Once defrosted, rough chop before adding to the dough.
- 1 ½ cups chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Set rack to center.
- Grease mini bundt cake pan (see below for loaf and muffin options)
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix eggs, oil, vanilla extract, pureed bananas, and cherries until creamy
- Add Breads from Anna Banana Bread Mix and stir until well blended, then fold in chopped pecans (optional)
- Spoon batter into prepared mini bundt cake pan and bake for 45 minutes, or until center tests clean with a toothpick or knife. Check after 35 minutes, and if desired browning is already achieved, cover loosely with foil and return to oven for remaining 10 minutes.
- Let cool in pan 1 hour before slicing.
- If desired, sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar. (Note from Anna -- "I added the powdered sugar to make the photo pretty; it's absolutely not needed for taste."
TIPS AND VARIATIONS:
- To make this in a 8 ½ x 4 ½ in. loaf pan, bake at 350 degrees for on hour.
- To make muffins, fill standard muffin tin cups ⅔ full and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Makes approximately 24 muffins.
- To make mini loaves, spoon batter into four mini loaf pans and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Let cool 1 hour before removing.
- If avoiding eggs, leave the egg out altogether and bake the mix into muffins. Using an egg replacer will render a gummy texture.
- If using olive oil, a light olive oil is recommended for best results.
- Also makes zucchini bread, muffins, banana pancakes and other great delights.