We love this fruity tropical twist on our classic Banana Bread. It's easy to make and in Anna style, adds great flavor and texture with a nutrition boost. We were inspired by a similar recipe from Averie Cooks.
- Free from gluten, yeast, corn, dairy, soy, nuts (including peanuts), and rice.
- GMO FREE CERTIFIED™
- Kosher Parve
- Can be made egg free! (see bottom for directions)
YIELD: (1) 8 ½ x 4 ½ in. loaf pan, 4 mini loaves, or approximately 24 muffins
- 1 package Breads from Anna Banana Bread Mix
- 2 jumbo eggs
- ⅓ cup oil
- ½ cup ripe bananas (about 1 ½ bananas) pureed in a food processor or blender (approximately 1 cup)
- ⅓ cup crushed pineapple, with some of the juice
- 1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup grated carrots
- ⅓ cup raisins (optional)
- ⅓ cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Set rack to center.
- Grease 8 ½ x 4 ½ in. loaf pan.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix eggs, oil, pureed banana, pineapple, and vanilla extract until creamy
- Add Breads from Anna Banana Bread Mix and stir until well blended, then fold in grated carrots, raisins (optional), and chopped nuts (optional)
- Spoon batter into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour, or until center tests clean with a toothpick or knife. Check bread after 45 minutes, and if top is already browned as desired, place foil loosely over loaf for the remaining 15 minutes of baking.
- Let cool in pan 1 hour before slicing. Top with your favorite gluten-free icing if desired (optional).
Combine 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted with 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract, and 1- 2 Tbsp. milk (or dairy-free alternative) until desired consistency. Drizzle over top of loaf.
TIPS AND VARIATIONS:
- To make muffins, fill standard muffin tin cups ⅔ full and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Makes approximately 24 muffins.
- To make mini loaves, spoon batter into four mini loaf pans and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Let cool 1 hour before removing.
- If avoiding eggs, leave the egg out altogether and bake the mix into muffins. Using an egg replacer will render a gummy texture.
- If using olive oil, a light olive oil is recommended for best results.