Breads from Anna® Gluten-Free Apple Pancake & Muffin Mix makes a moist, easy and delicious cake. This recipe will please all apple or pear fans. Stays moist for days.
- 1 package Breads from Anna® Gluten-Free Apple Pancake & Muffin Mix
- 2 jumbo eggs
- 1/3 cup oil (butter, coconut or grapeseed)
- 2/3 cup milk or favorite non-dairy drink, including water (another tasty alternative: 1/3 cup hemp milk & 1/3 cup unsweetened cherry, apple, cranberry, pineapple, or orange juice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 cup honey or brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4-5 Granny Smith apples (washed and peeled, then cored and sliced into 1/8 inch thick pieces)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 9x13 inch glass baking pan.
- In medium-sized mixing bowl, combine all wet ingredients and lightly beat by hand.
- Mix in Breads from Anna Gluten-Free Apple Pancake & Muffin Mix.
- Toss apples with honey/brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Spread apples evenly into prepared pan.
- Spread batter evenly over spiced apples.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.