- 1 package Breads From Anna Pie Crust
- ½ cup milk, non-dairy substitute, or water
- ¾ cup oil
- 6 cups blueberries
- ½ - 1 cup favorite sweetener
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 3 Tablespoons of arrowroot flour, cornstarch, or Breads from Anna Yeast Free Bread Mix, if using fresh blueberries. (Note: if you are using frozen fruit you may need to use up to 6 Tablespoons).
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
¼ teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- Prepare Breads From Anna Pie Crust according to package instructions
- Press one half of the dough into 9 inch baking dish.
- Gently stir all filling ingredients until well combined. Add filling to shell of pie crust.
- For the top crust we recommended placing the remaining dough between two pieces of wax paper then rolling out on a cutting board. Once the dough is rolled out, place dough in the freezer for approximately 30 minutes. Dough should be cold. The cold dough will allow the wax paper to be easily removed and the dough can then be placed on top of the filling of the pie, seal the edges. If making a lattice top, cut the chilled dough into ½ to ¾ inch strips and follow the simple weaving pattern shown here.
- To create a golden glaze over the top of the pie, mix one egg with one tablespoon of water, lightly beat. Brush this mixture over the top of the pie and rim.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour. Cover the rim if it begins to over-brown before the pie filling has finished baking.
©2009 Breads From Anna. All rights reserved.