The following recipe and baking tips come from customer, Dimitrios Douros, a regular contributor to the St. John’s celiac listserve. He happens to be an excellent baker for those of you who have not read about his Baklava recipe, which is a dream! He uses a la cloche baker, which we now sell on our site.
I offer my instructions to you. They are very consistent, straight forward and give great results with your wonderful gluten free mix. The only catch: use a cloche to bake the bread in. -Dimitrios Douros
- 1-1/3 cup warm water
- 3 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp yeast (one packet)
- 1-1/2 tsp dough enhancer
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
Mix well (until it froths up ) and set aside for 10 minutes
- In a mixing bowl combine:
2 whole eggs
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
- After 10 minutes combine yeast mixture with other liquids already in the mixing bowl.
- Mix in Breads From Anna flour mix ( I do it with wooden spoon ) and mix well.
- Put dough in greased & dusted bread pan (highly recommend la cloche!!!) and set aside for 2 hours to rise.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Take out of the oven, remove cloche top and let bread cool down in the cloche.
Using this technique and the cloche, I get perfect loaves that are 14" long, 4-1/2" wide and 4" tall. Very fluffy, lots of great air bubbles and because of the cloche a crust to die for!