- 1 package Breads From Anna Gluten Free Piecrust Mix and listed ingredients with following exceptions
- REPLACE 1/4 milk (or water) with 1/4 cup fresh apple cider
- Add 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 cups freshly peeled Granny Smith apples or a blend of apples, sliced
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (or use your favorite sweetener- we recommend maple or honey)
- 1/3 cup corn starch or arrowroot
- 1/3 cup fresh apple cider
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1) Make pie crusts (bottom and top crusts) as directed on package.
2) Blend all dry ingredients together and toss well with apples.
3) Pour into pie shell.
4) To create a golden top to your pie brush with 1 lightly beaten egg and two teaspoons water.
5) Bake at 400 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until filling bubbles and top is golden.
©2009 Breads From Anna. All rights reserved.