Stuffing with our Classic Herb Bread could not be easier. With all the herbs added all you need to do is use your favorite stuffing recipe or the one we have here to get the traditional Thanksgiving you deserve.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 onion, medium dice
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon finely chopped
1. Bake Gluten Free Classic Herb Bread as instructed on bread mix package. Allow to cool for two hours.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
3. Cut the loaf into 6 cups of cubes (about ½ of loaf). Any remaining will make tasty sandwich bread. Place cubes on parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
4. Place in 400 degree oven. TURN OVEN OFF. Place cookie sheets in oven with door closed. Stir bread cubes after 10 minutes. Keep in oven, stirring periodically until cubes are toasted (about 30 – 45 minutes).
5. Melt 6 tablespoons butter in large sauté pan. Sauté mushrooms, celery, onion, and shallot. Sauté until vegetables are soft, approximately 4 minutes.
6. Add tarragon salt and pepper.
7. Toss vegetables with toasted bread cubes. Add ½ cup gluten-free chicken broth and toss. (If you are planning to stuff the turkey, you will need less broth).
8. Pour into greased 2 quart dish and bake covered at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
Optional: add currants, raisins, dried cranberries or other favorite add-ins as desired.
©2009 Breads From Anna. All rights reserved.