After sharing the lemon cookie recipes this summer, we had requests for a lemon poppy seed bread. So here our version of a classic favorite, just in time for a healthy back-to-school breakfast or afternoon snack.
Yield: One 8 ½ x 4 ½ loaf pan or four to six mini loaf pans
Allergy Info: This recipe is free from gluten, yeast, corn, dairy, soy, potato, nuts (including peanuts), and rice. If needing to avoid eggs, click here for our egg replacement tips.
- 1 package Breads from Anna ® Yeast Free Bread Mix
- 1 1/3 cups water
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup oil
- 3 jumbo eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup preferred sweetener (we used organic cane sugar)
- ¼ cup lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoons poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Set rack to center.
- Grease 8 ½ x 4 ½ loaf pan or four to six mini loaf pans.
- Blend water, oil, eggs, vanilla, and lemon juice until smooth. Set aside.
- Combine bread mix, sweetener, lemon zest, and poppy seeds. Stir in wet ingredients until well combined with no lumps (careful not to over mix).
- Spoon into prepared pan, and bake for 50-60 minutes for single loaf or 35-45 minutes for mini loaves, until center tests clean with a toothpick. Remove from pan(s) and cool on wire rack for 1 hour.