We substituted pears for apples and added pistachios to our Apple Pancake and Muffin Mix for a great sweet and salty flavor combination!
Allergen Info: This recipe is free from gluten, corn, dairy, soy, yeast and rice
- 1 Breads from Anna ® Apple Pancake and Muffin Mix
- 3 ripe pears
- 1 1/2 to 2 ½ cups water or milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cup shelled pistachios, chopped
- Peel and quarter 2 pears. Process in food processer until smooth. Dice (small) remaining pear.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine all wet ingredients, including 1 cup processed pears, and lightly beat.
- Add mix and blend until well combined.
- Toss diced pears with spices, and fold into batter.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately ¼ cup per pancake.
- When bubbles form, sprinkle pistachios on the top of the pancakes, and then flip the pancakes over.
- Remove from pan when golden brown.