We made this bread with our yeast free mix for a quick bread that is a perfect accompaniment to your favorite pasta dish or dinner salad. It also stands on its own as a satisfying snack. We think all of our breads smell delicious while baking, but we think you’ll especially enjoy the savory aroma of this sundried tomato pesto bread in the oven!
Yield: One large loaf or 4-6 mini loaves
- 1 package Breads from Anna ® Yeast Free Bread Mix
- 1 ½ cups water
- ¼ cup oil
- 3 jumbo eggs
- ½ cup pesto (recipe below)
- 2 Tablespoons of preferred sweetener
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup gluten-free chopped sundried tomatoes
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Set rack to center.
- Grease 8 ½ x 4 ½ loaf pan or four to six mini loaf pans.
- Blend water, oil, eggs, and pesto until smooth.
- Add bread mix, sweetener, and pepper, and stir until well combined with no lumps (careful not to over mix). Fold in sundried tomatoes and Parmesan cheese (optional).
- Spoon into prepared pan(s), and bake single loaf for 50-60 minutes (mini loaves for 35-45 minutes), until center tests clean with a toothpick. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack for 1 hour.
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup avocado or olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
Combine all ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth. Extra pesto can be frozen in ice cube trays, then removed from trays and stored in a freezer bag for up to six months.