These cookies are light and refreshing, but packed with lemon flavor! A hint of vanilla frosting and lemon zest garnishes the top for an attractive presentation.
Yield: approximately 8 dozen small cookies
- 3 cups of Breads From Anna® Dairy & Corn Free Bread Mix
- 2 cups maple sugar, or your favorite sweetener
- 1 ½ cup butter or your favorite non-dairy substitute
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 5 Tablespoons lemon zest, divided
- 4 eggs*
- 2 cups potato starch
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup vanilla frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl combine butter, sugar, vanilla extract, lemon juice, 4 T. lemon zest, and eggs. Cream until smooth.
- Add Breads From Anna Dairy & Corn Free Bread Mix, potato starch, baking powder, and salt. Blend until well combined.
- Drop cookies by the teaspoonful 1 inch apart on parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
- Bake 6-8 minutes, cool completely.
- Top each cookie with a coin-size dollop of gluten-free vanilla frosting and add a pinch of lemon zest.
* to replace the eggs, mix 1 cup milk, non-dairy drink, or water (use full fat coconut milk for best results) and 2 heaping teaspoons of baking powder (add baking powder to flour blend)