We can not believe we haven’t made this delicious and refreshing salad before! It has definitely moved straight to the top of the favorites list. There are so many possibilities; you can make it with whatever is coming out of the garden today! The key base ingredients are the crispy bread, tomatoes, and basil.
- 4 cups 1½ inch cubed Breads from Anna® bread
- 15 oz can artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1/2 cup avocado oil (or extra virgin olive oil), divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups arugula
- 2 large red tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced (approximately 1 cup)
- ½ of a red onion, sliced (approximately ½ cup)
- ¾ cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup champagne vinegar
- Preheat skillet to medium-high heat.
- Drizzle the bread and artichoke hearts with ¼ cup avocado oil and season with salt and pepper. Crisp the bread and artichokes in the pan until edges are golden brown, approximately 6-8 minutes total, turning often. Remove the bread and artichokes from the pan and transfer to a salad bowl.
- Add the tomatoes, pepper, and basil, and arugula to the bowl. In a small bowl, stir together the avocado oil, champagne vinegar, ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Drizzle the dressing over the salad. Toss to combine and serve immediately.
- If you don’t have champagne vinegar, feel free to substitute with balsamic vinegar.
- Ingredients you could also add or substitute include: 1 cup extra-large black olives, 1 cup sliced cucumbers, 1 cup fresh mozzarella, 1 cup sliced avocado.