This recipe was inspired by sweet summertime harvests and by our friend Emily’s peach blueberry pie that won 1st place in the youth division of a county fair pie contest!
Pie Crust Ingredients:
- 1 package Breads from Anna® pie crust mix
- ¼ cup milk or water (or non-dairy drink)
- ¾ cup oil
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten + 2 teaspoons water, for brushing over the crust (optional)
- 4 cups peaches
- 2 cups blueberries
- ¾ cup sugar organic cane sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch or arrowroot (add up to 3T more if the filling is very jucy)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- A pinch of nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons butter (optional)
Gluten-Free Pie Crust Directions:
- Combine wet ingredients (milk, oil, vinegar) into a large bowl.
- Add dry mix and gently stir until well combined. The crust will be oily but do not worry - this is how it should look.
- Press bottom crust into standard 9-1/2 inch glass pie dish.
- Roll out top onto a cutting board between two pieces of wax paper.
- Place crust top in the freezer for 15-20 minutes. Once the crust top is chilled it will allow you to remove the wax paper easily.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients: sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whisk until well combined.
- Remove peach skins and pit, and cut fruit into thin slices. Combine peaches, blueberries, and lemon juice, and stir into dry ingredients until well combined.
- Pour mixture into the pie shell.
- Remove wax paper from rolled out top crust and place on top of pie. Seal around the edges and cut small slits in the center to allow steam to escape.
- Brush egg wash all over the top crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then place pie ring or foil around the edges to prevent over browning.
- Bake an additional 60 -70 minutes or until bubbly and crust is golden.