Serve this deliciously tasty asparagus soup with your favorite gluten-free grilled sandwich.
- 1 and ½ pounds asparagus trimmed and chopped into 2 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 large red potatoes chopped into uniform 2 inch cubes (can leave skins on)
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- ¼ chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp fresh oregano or ½ tsp dried
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 3 T high smoke point oil
- In a large stock pot add 3 T oil. When hot (but not smoking) add the onions, bay leaf, red pepper flakes and oregano and sauté until onions are translucent and soft.
- Add the chopped potatoes and 1 cup of chicken or vegetable stock, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add asparagus and steam until tender, about 3 minutes
- Add 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- Simmer until potatoes are tender.
- Add ¼ cup chopped parsley
- In batches puree entire mixture in a blender, a Vitamix is ideal.
Top with Breads From Anna Croutons or serve with our Grilled Cheese Sandwich.