This hot and delicious breakfast recipe is great for birthdays or other special days, or when you have overnight guests. Prepare it the night before, then all you have to do in the morning is pop it in the oven and enjoy!
- 1 loaf Breads from Anna ® Original or Corn & Dairy Free Bread Mix
- 7 eggs
- 1 ½ cups milk or your favorite non-dairy drink
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 cups thinly sliced apples (approximately 6 apples, depending on size)
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Prepare Breads from Anna ® Original (or Corn & Dairy Free) Bread Mix as directed on the box. Set aside for a day or two.
- Cut bread into ten ¾ inch slices. Arrange in oiled 9x13 pan, arranging 2 slices deep (may need to cut slices to fit in the pan).
- Whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla and almond extracts, and nutmeg, and pour over bread slices in the pan. Work with bread to make sure all slices get an initial coating of egg mixture.
- Toss apples with cinnamon until well coated, then stir in maple syrup. Set aside.
- Flip bread slices over so top slice goes to bottom of pan and vise versa. Then layer apples on top of bread slices.
- Cover pan tightly with plastic wrap or well fitting lid, and refrigerate overnight or 6-8 hours. Remove plastic, and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.