Yields approximately 4 dozen cookies
Try our orange ginger molasses cookies for a variation on traditional gingerbread. They are so soft, they will melt in your mouth!
- 1 pkg Breads from Anna® Pumpkin Bread mix
- 2 ¼ cup potato starch + enough for rolling out dough
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup butter or your favorite non-dairy substitute, softened
- 1-2 eggs (should equal 1/3 cup)
- ¾ cup molasses
- 2-3 Tablespoons fresh ginger zest depending on your taste
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar sprinkle: ½ Tablespoon orange zest + 2 Tablespoons organic cane sugar combined in food processor.
1. Whisk potato starch and baking powder into Breads From Anna Pumpkin bread mix. Add remaining wet ingredients except sugar sprinkle, and blend until smooth.
2. Chill 1 hour in refrigerator.
3. Drop dough by tablespoons about 1 ½ inches apart onto oiled cookie sheet, then sprinkle lightly with sugar sprinkle.
4. Bake for 8-10 minutes minutes at 350⁰ F and cool only slightly before removing from cookie sheet.