Yields 4-6 dozen depending on the size of your cookie cutter.
Gingerbread cookies are so much fun to make and share. If you like a stronger “pop” of ginger in your cookie, use the full amount of zest suggested, or if you prefer a more subtle ginger flavor, use the lesser quantity.
- 1 pkg Breads from Anna® Pumpkin Bread mix
- 2 ¼ cup potato starch + enough for rolling out dough
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup butter or your favorite non-dairy substitute, softened
- 1-2 eggs (which should equal 1/3 cup)
- ¾ cup Molasses
- 2-3 Tablespoons fresh ginger zest depending on your taste
1. Whisk potato starch and baking powder into Breads from Anna Pumpkin bread mix. Add remaining wet ingredients and blend until smooth.
2. Chill 1 hour in refrigerator.
3. Lightly flour work area and rolling pin with potato starch. Oil cookie sheets.
4. Divide dough into 8 sections and remove one section at a time from the refrigerator.
5. Dust all sides of the dough with potato starch, then roll out to 1/8 inch thick.
6. Cut out cookies and place immediately on oiled cookie sheet approximately 1 ½ inches apart. Dough will get sticky as it returns to room temperature, so use additional potato starch as needed and work quickly.
7.Bake for 8-10 minutes minutes at 350⁰ F and cool only slightly before removing from cookie sheet.
Use your favorite frosting or Duncan Hines Gluten-Free Classic Homestyle creamy frosting to decorate your gingerbread friends.