The addition of carrots and pineapple to our banana bread mix not only adds great taste, but great health benefits as well. As an excellent source of vitamin C and the trace mineral manganese, pineapple adds powerful antioxidants, and immune system and energy production support. Carrots contain vitamin C and antioxidants, as well as beta carotene which benefits our eyes, skin, and heart! Dairy-free.
- 1 package Breads from Anna® Banana Bread Mix
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 jumbo eggs, well beaten
- 3 ripe medium bananas, pureed in food processor or blender (approximately 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 ½ cup grated carrots
- ¾ cup pineapple, very small dice
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Set rack in center.
- Oil muffin tins or fill with paper liners.
- Cut fresh or frozen pineapple into very small dice, and place in strainer to drain juice while preparing batter.
- Mix all wet ingredients until creamy. Add bread mix and spices, and stir until well blended, then fold in carrots, pineapple, and walnuts.
- Fill standard muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake 25 minutes until center tests clean with toothpick or knife.