Orange and chocolate are a classic flavor pairing, creating a great complement to our banana bread. It is a perfect accompaniment to coffee with friends or is delicious enough to serve as dessert!
Yield: 1 loaf of bread
- 1 package Breads from Anna® Banana Bread Mix
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 jumbo eggs, well beaten
- 3 ripe medium bananas, pureed in food processor or blender (approximately 1 cup)
- ½ cup gluten-free chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Set rack in center.
- Grease 8 ½ x 4 ½ loaf pan.
- Mix all wet ingredients until creamy. Add bread mix and stir until well blended.
- Zest orange and set aside. Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler or place chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for one minute. Stir until smooth and immediately add orange zest and 1 cup batter to chocolate, stirring until well combined. Tip: it is important to mix in the orange zest and batter right away or chocolate may harden.
- Spoon chocolate and “plain” batter alternately into bread pan and swirl together using a knife.
- Bake 1 hour or until center tests clean with toothpick or knife. Let cool in pan 1 hour before slicing.