We easily transformed our pumpkin muffins into Halloween cupcakes by adding a few chocolate chips and topping them with our must-try chocolate frosting. Our tasters loved them and even the most reliable could not identify the surprise ingredient in the frosting! The frosting may also be served on the side as a pudding snack with any of our muffins.
Yields 24 cupcakes
- 1 package Breads from Anna Pumpkin Bread Mix
- 2 jumbo eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cupcake pan with 24 cupcake liners.
- Mix all wet ingredients until creamy. Add bread mix and chocolate chips and stir until well blended.
- Spoon batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until center tests clean with a toothpick or knife.
- Allow to cool, then create spider webs with our Chocolate Avocado Frosting (or substitute your favorite chocolate frosting recipe), and top with raisin spiders.
Chocolate Avocado Frosting:
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until creamy.