Yields approximately 24 muffins
- 1 package Breads from Anna® Maple Pancake & Muffin Mix
- 2 jumbo eggs
- ½ cup milk or non-dairy drink
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 Tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 ¼ cup pureed squash *
- ¼ cup chopped scallion
- ¾ cup chopped & toasted walnuts (optional)
1.Cook and puree squash according to preferred method below.
2. In medium-sized mixing bowl, combine all wet ingredients, including squash and mustard, and lightly beat.
3. Blend in mix until well combined. Fold in scallions and walnuts.
4. Fill standard muffin tins 2/3 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Oven method: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Using a sharp knife, cut the acorn in half lengthwise between the ridges, and scoop out seed matter until center is smooth. Place the squash halves cut side down in a roasting pan with ¼ inch water. Bake approximately 1 hour until the flesh is soft and can easily be scooped out with a spoon.
Microwave method: Pierce acorn squash with a sharp knife in several places. Cook whole acorn squash in microwave for 5 minutes on full power. Turn over and cook another 5 minutes. Remove the squash and allow to cool slightly. Cut squash in half lengthwise and remove the seeds with a spoon. Place both halves of the squash back in the microwave, flesh side down, and cook for another 3-5 minutes until flesh can easily be scooped out with a spoon.