These gluten-free pumpkin bars are just like mom used to make only better for you. The toasted pumpkin seeds add a delicious crunch.
Yield: One 13x9 inch pan
Allergen Info: This recipe is free from gluten, soy, rice, corn, nuts, and yeast. If made without the frosting, the recipe is also dairy-free.
- 1 package Breads from Anna® Pumpkin Bread Mix
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree (approx. 1 ¾ cup). (To substitute fresh pumpkin click here for instructions)
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease 13x9 baking pan.
3. Mix all wet ingredients until smooth.
4. Add bread mix and stir until well blended.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until center tests clean with a toothpick or knife. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
Goat Cheese Frosting:
- ¾ cup goat cheese
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth; spread on cooled pumpkin bars. Top with salted pumpkin seeds (sauteed over low heat)