Gluten-free chocolate muffins (made with Breads from Anna Black Bean Brownie Mix) with peanut butter chips and bananas are a flavorful and healthy snack.
Yield: 15 muffins
- 1 package Breads from Anna® Black Bean Brownie Mix
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, well rinsed and drained
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup liquid (we used coconut milk for a rich texture, but milk or your favorite non-dairy liquid work well for those with nut or dairy allergies)
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup of gluten free peanut butter chips
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all wet ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
3. Stir brownie mix and salt into wet ingredients until well combined. Fold in peanut butter chips.
4. Fill muffin cups 1/3 full. Add 2 or 3 slices of bananas, then cover bananas with batter to fill cups 2/3 full.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
Alternative: these also taste great with only banana slices or only peanut butter chips, if you want to leave out one or the other ingredient.