These gluten-free muffins are delicious and deceptively nutritious. Great for an after school snack or a healthier dessert option.
Yields 15 muffins
- 1 package Breads from Anna® Black Bean Brownie Mix
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, well rinsed and drained
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup liquid (we used coconut milk for a rich texture, but milk or your favorite non-dairy liquid work well for those with nut or dairy allergies)
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- ½ to 1 cup of chocolate chips (optional)
Banana Goat Cheese Filling Ingredients:
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all wet ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
3. Stir brownie mix and salt into wet ingredients until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips (optional).
4. Combine filling ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Place mixture into a pastry bag with medium tip (or into a ziplock bag with very small snip off of bottom corner).
5. Fill standard muffin tins 2/3 full. Using the pastry bag or ziplock bag, squeeze approximately 1 tablespoon of banana goat cheese filling into the center of each muffin.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.