- 8 fresh roma (plum) tomatoes, small dice
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, washed and spun dry (or use a paper towel to absorb excess liquid)
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed with the back side of chefs knife
- ¼ teaspoon each Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 loaf bread (or 1 baguette) made with any of our Breads from Anna® bread mixes, sliced 1-inch thick (about 18 slices)
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced 1/4-inch thick
1) Preheat oven (or grill) to 375 degrees F .
2) In a bowl, toss together the tomatoes, basil and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
3) On a baking sheet, line up baguette slices.
4) Toast in oven for about 3 minutes or until light golden brown.
5) Working quickly, rub the garlic on the toasted side of each slice and then lay a piece of mozzarella cheese on top.
6) Place bread back in oven and melt cheese slightly, about 45 seconds.
7) Remove from oven and spread one tablespoon of the tomato mixture on each piece.
8) Place bruschetta on your favorite platter and garnish with basil leaves. Options:
There are many recipes for Bruschetta and not all require the cheese be melted and some suggest a drizzle of balsamic vinegar over the top. No matter what you choose, all these ingredients are complementary and satisfying!