- 4 cups fresh or frozen (not thawed) red tart cherries, pitted and halved
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 package Black Bean Brownie Mix From Anna
- 1 15 oz. can of black beans, well rinsed and drained
- ¼ teaspoon of salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ⅔ cup liquid (combination of juice from roasted cherries and water, see below)
- 1 jumbo egg (optional)
- ⅓ cup oil
- ½ to 1 cup of chocolate chips (optional)
Stir maple syrup into fresh or frozen cherries. Roast cherries in 400-degree oven for 20 minutes. Stir and roast for another 10 minutes. Remove cherries from juice and drain well, keeping juice for roasted cherry drizzle.
Follow package instructions to make Black Bean Brownie Mix From Anna. Fold half of the roasted cherries into batter with chocolate chips. Combine remaining cherries with juice from step three for roasted cherry drizzle.
Roasted Cherry Drizzle
Puree remaining cherries and combine with juice to drizzle over brownies, or simply top with cherries and discard juice.
Tips and variations:
For Salted Almond Cherry Brownies, make the following modifications:
Toss ¾ cup whole almonds with 1 teaspoon oil and ½ teaspoon Kosher salt, and roast in 350-degree oven for 20 minutes. Allow almonds to cool. Chop almonds. Sprinkle salted, roasted almonds evenly over the top of the mix before baking.