- 2 avocados, halved and flesh scooped out
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate seeds (see note)
Put the avocado in a bowl and mash with a fork until mostly smooth. Add the onion, cilantro, mint, lime juice, salt, and cayenne and stir until well combined. Stir in 2 tablespoons of pomegranate seeds and garnish with the remaining tablespoon of pomegranate seeds. Serve with Breads from Anna Pita Chips.
Quick trick for removing pomegranate seeds from the fruit. Cut the pomegranate in half crosswise. Then, working over a large bowl, hold one half with the cut side facing down, into the bowl. Give the uncut side of the fruit a few good whacks with the back of a large wooden spoon to release the seeds.