- 4 (8 inch) wraps, made from Breads from Anna Yeast Free Bread Mix
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion (yellow or red)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts or turkey breast cut into one-inch pieces (chicken/turkey is optional if prefer to prepare as vegetarian)
- 1 (15 ounce) can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- ⅓ cup prepared salsa
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro leaves (parsley can be used in place of cilantro)
- 2 zucchinis shredded
- 1 ⅓ cup cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchinis, sauté 4-5 minutes. Add chicken and sauté 5 minutes, should be golden brown and reach an internal temperature of 160-170.
- Stir in black beans, green chilies, salsa and simmer for 5 minutes, or until sauce thickens and reduces. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro or parsley.
- Arrange 4 tortillas/wraps on a flat surface. Top each with an equal amount of chicken/black bean mixture. Roll up and place side by side in with end seam on the bottom or to the side. Top tortillas/wraps with shredded cheese 1/3 cup per tortilla/wrap. Shredded zucchini also makes a very nice replacement for the cheese. The zucchini can be set-aside after sautéing and used as a topping rather than going to the filling if you want to replace the cheese.
- Bake enchiladas for 20 minutes, until cheese is melted and golden (if topping with zucchini wait for it to become golden).