Start your day with a healthy, gluten-free morning glory muffin made from our Yeast Free All-Purpose Flour Blend. These muffins have a nice mix of flavors with mango, apple, carrot, raisins, coconut and nuts!
Adapted from Earthbound Farms Food to Live By
By Myra Goodman
- 2 ¼ cups Breads from Anna® Yeast Free Bread Mix
- 1 cup of favorite sweetener (we recommend powdered honey or maple)
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 oz. fresh or frozen mango, diced small
- 2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1 large crisp apple such as Fuji, Gala, or Granny Smith, peeled and grated
- ¾ cup raisins
- ½ cup shredded, sweetened or unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup nuts (optional)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup baking oil (we prefer extra light virgin olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 16 standard-size muffin cups or line with cupcake liners.
- Place the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and sweetener in a large bowl and whisk well to combine. Add the mango, carrots, apple, raisins, coconut, and nuts and stir to combine.
- Place the eggs, oil, and vanilla in a small bowl and stir until well combined. Add the wet mixture to the flour mixture and stir until well combined. Spoon the batter into prepared muffin cups, filling them ⅔ full.
- Bake the muffins until they are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 25 to 35 minutes.