Our pie crust pairs beautifully with all of the fresh fruit available in the summer months. Try our fruit pizza for a refreshing summer dessert.
Preparing the Crust:
- 1 package of Breads From Anna Gluten Free Pie Crust
- ½ cup almond flour, coconut flakes or flour, arrowroot or potato starch
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup oil
- ¼ cup milk or non-dairy drink
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Blend all ingredients well. Lightly grease one cookie sheet and spread dough out evenly. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Cream Cheese Topping:
- 1 cup maple syrup or honey
- 8 oz cream cheese (room temp)
- 12 oz whipped cream
Mix maple syrup and cream cheese together and cream until smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Spread cream cheese topping over baked, cooled crust.
- 2-3 medium sized bananas, sliced ¼ thick set in a dish with fresh lemon juice (enough juice to cover sliced bananas, keeps bananas from turning dark)
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced about ¼ inch thick
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 pint of fresh raspberries and/or black berries
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup of fresh pineapple, diced into small pieces (canned pineapple can also be used)
- 1 cup of fresh peaches, diced into small pieces (canned peaches can also be used)
Arrange fruit on top of the cream cheese topping.
I like to go to the market and see what is in season, buying fresh whenever possible. When using canned, only use fruit that is packed it its own juices, do not use frozen (too mushy). Have fun and add fruit you've never tried, it is a great way to enter new fruits into your diet. Try to find all the colors in the rainbow!
- ½ cup sweetener of your choice
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot (or cornstarch)
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup lemon juice (you may use the juice that the banana had soaked in)
Mix sweetener and arrowroot (or cornstarch) together until smooth. Add orange juice and lemon juice. Bring the mixture to a boil for 1 minute. Allow to cool completely. Pour over the fruit topping. Chill before serving.