**Served with any of the breads from Anna™ (gluten-free baguette is especially nice!)
Yield 4-6 servings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 pound carrots sliced into ¾ inch chunks
- 5 cups Chicken Stock (or magic mineral broth from Rebecca Katz cookbook “Cancer Fighting Kitchen” would be perfect!)
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoon honey
- 1-2 tablespoons curry powder, depending on how strong you like the curry flavor (I use 2)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt (Greek style is best because it is higher in protein and has a thick, creamy texture)
- Heat olive oil in 5-quart stockpot and sauté the onion until transparent. Add the carrots, stock, lemon zest, honey and curry powder. Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and simmer until tender. Cool slightly.
- Puree in a food processor, blender or Vitamix. Return to pot and stir in yogurt.